Patient Billing Services
Primex Clinical Laboratories is committed to providing our patients with excellent professional service and support. If you are unable to find the billing information you are looking for, please contact us using the form provided or call us during business hours.
Billing Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
Office: +1(818) 779-0130
Fax: +1(818) 779-1326
Below you will find a list of the insurance providers we are in-network with, if you want us to check for a specific insurance carrier please feel free to contact your account representative and they will gladly assist in answering all your questions.
AETNA US HEALTHCARE (PPO)
ANTHEM BLUE CROSS (PPO)
ASSURANT HEALTH (PPO)
BLUE SHIELD (PPO)
CARPENTERS HEALTH AND WELFARE TRUST (PPO)
FEDERAL BS (PPO)
MOTION PICTURE (PPO)
OBAMACARE (Covered California) (PPO)
OPERATING ENGINEERS (PPO)
TRI-WEST (TRICARE) (PPO)
UNITED HEALTHCARE (PPO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I being billed?
There are many different reasons why a patient would receive a bill from Primex Clinical Laboratories. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Your specimen was sent to us and we were instructed by the referring physician to bill you directly.
- Your insurance policy is subject to a co-pay, deductible, or non-covered services provision.
- Information regarding your policy number, group number, diagnosis code, or other important information was not provided to Primex Clinical Laboratories.
- Your insurance company needs information from you as stated on your EOB (Explanation of Benefits).
- Your policy may not cover any or certain laboratory tests.
- Your testing was deemed by the insurance carrier to be “not medically necessary or experimental.”
- You were not eligible on the date of service.
- You need to update your Coordination of Benefits with your insurance.
- Your policy has maximum benefit limitations.
- Past timely filling.
How can I pay Primex Clinical Laboratories’ bill?
- We accept all major credit card payments. You may call the Billing Department with the information.
- You may also pay by mailing credit card information, check or money order to the address on the invoice. An envelope has been included for your convenience.
- Please remember to include your claim number on your check or money order. Also, if you are paying for more than one account, please make sure that all the invoice stubs and/or claim numbers are provided.
- “Log on to our online portal”
How can I submit my insurance information or corrections and updates to the existing information?
When will my insurance company pay Primex Clinical Laboratories’ bill?
Responses from insurance companies vary greatly. However, it normally takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks for Primex Clinical Laboratories to receive payment or denial information. Patients usually receive their explanation of benefits from the carrier several weeks before Primex Clinical Laboratories.
Still haven’t heard from them…
Why does my Explanation of Benefits (EOB) have different information than you show on your bill?
Primex Clinical Laboratories tries to communicate on the patient invoice the exact message sent to us by the carrier. However, sometimes the patient receives different information.
If this is the case…
Can you explain the information my insurance company sent to me regarding my benefits?
Primex Clinical Laboratories’ staff cannot answer questions about your specific policy and its provisions.
For the best results.
How do I know if Primex is contracted with my insurance company?
Primex is contracted with most PPO insurance companies and some HMO insurance plans. We also accept Medicare and Medi-Cal. Contact your insurance company to find out if they are contracted with Primex. Please review your healthcare benefits before having services rendered. Patients are responsible for charges not covered by the insurance company. Please see the list above to view a full listing of our contracted insurance companies.
Why is my account in collections?
You were sent multiple bills, because there was no activity on the account it was referred to a Collection Agency.
I’m being contacted by a Collection Agency, which Agencies are associated with Primex?
Primex is currently associated with Liberty Collection and Fidelity Collections.
- Liberty Collection
- Fidelity Collections
- If you are not sure of the Agency or your accounts date 2010 and prior, contact our Billing Department directly.
Do I have to pay an interest fee on claims sent to a Collection Agency?
Yes, claims sent to Collection Agencies will accumulate an interest fee. This fee cannot be waived under any circumstances.
Can Primex bill my insurance after I’ve been placed in collections?
No, unfortunately after a claim has been sent to collections Primex cannot bill your insurance company for services. However, you may still submit your own claim to your health insurance company.
Can I get a discount if my claim has been sent to collections?
Please contact the Collection Agency to see if there is any discount applicable on your claim.
I went to Primex, why am I receiving a bill from a different lab?
Some tests might have been sent to another laboratory due to the specialty, required additional testing to confirm a diagnosis or to help determine a treatment plan. Your healthcare provider or the Pathologist may order these tests. In cases such as these, you may get a bill from a lab other than Primex.